Magazine Wireframe

     Last Thursday, I designed and constructed a wireframe for the cover of my magazine and the inside spread. Now that I have developed a topic, I incorporated styles and layouts that would benefit the purpose of my magazine/ the message I am trying to convey. 

Cover Page:

    Prototyping the cover was not as difficult considering I had already established a a title— GR8MINDS. The idea behind this title relates to how infinite our minds are, hence the thoughts and memories we are able to carry with us for the rest of out lives. Therefore, the "eat" in great is replaced with an infinity sign. Additionally, I utilized white space when finding a position for my cover image. Placing it at the lower left corner left space for me to include graphical elements in the corresponding upper right corner. There, I also decided to dedicate space for a text box which would contain information on my feature article. Ultimately, I placed text at the top and side of my image which further elaborate on my topic. The first image below is of the wireframe for my cover page. I will also include references that helped influence my layout and design.



Inside Pages:

    The inside pages required more time and dedication to design and construct. To further indicate a sense of peace and calmness, I decided to keep my magazine simple and modern with small text, few images, large margins, and pull quotes/captions. These elements make my magazine easier to navigate and comprehend. On the first page, I incorporated a vertical bar before the text, which would serve as an indicator to where the reader must first adhere their attention to. Text at the bottom of the bar would provide the reader with a caption of the image to the right. The image bleed between page 1 and 2 adds flow and movement to my spread. Subsequently, page 2 consists of 2 images, a pull quote, another caption, and 2 columns of text. The images are placed parallel to each other for simplicity and order. The caption below the pictures is placed in a colored text box to add contrast to the page. Ultimately, the columned text allows for easy navigation and comprehension as well. The first image below is of the wireframe for my inside pages. The rest are references.











Comments