Initial Photos

     To complete this task, my parents took my parents took my to T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park. Since the topic of my magazine has already been established, my plan for taking the photos was to maintain the essence I am hoping to portray within the inside spread—peaceful, modern, and simple. Therefore, as I already mentioned previously, my best interest is to take photos of nature. Utilizing live subjects would disregard the purpose of my magazine and limit how the reader is able to connect and interact with it. Furthermore,  I decided to edit some shots in black in white to signify how the mind may not always be colorful (happy, lively). There are deeper meanings present within the shots I developed but that is left for the reader to interpret.

    The process for taking the photos was rather simple. I experimented with several techniques such as low angles, panoramas, narrow depth of field, and low/high exposures. I utilized locations where the sun was shining most; allowing for the best capable light, and areas were less people were located. Once these locations were identified, I took several photos to then decide on the best one afterwards. At times, I would have to adjust the exposure level, sit on the floor to get new perspectives, or refocus the shot.

    I am pleased with how the photos came out. After cropping some and adjusting filters, the photos reached my expectations. I received well-appreciated feedback that suggested I revise the cropping on some of my photos. Other than that, I have no intention of updating them in any way. The images below will be of a few of my favorite shots.






Comments