Photography Tasks

    The past few weeks I have been following along with several videos which guide me in developing shots for my magazine task and navigating through my designated software, InDesign. I have submitted approximately 20-30 photos that I have developed on my own by utilizing information from the videos I viewed in class. These videos provided me with insight in the photography world and magazine industry. The first set of videos introduced me to aperture, shutter speed, exposure, depth of field, and ISO levels. This first task ordered me to submit a series of photos that utilized bad shutter speed, good shutter speed, high ISO, and low aperture. The images below are of my favorite submissions:





    I have come to notice that I work better when shooting inanimate objects, for example, flowers. I consider it to be my strongest aspect in photography. I really feel as if these images could be featured in a magazine. However, I already established my topic is going to be on mental illnesses. Therefore, it would be of my best interest to improve with shooting living things.

    The next set of videos introduced me to dynamic ranges, and the fill flash technique. I was required to submit photos with varying exposure levels, motion blur and low shutter speed, filters, and flash. The images below are of my favorite submissions:


    Overall, these tasks were very useful in informing me on techniques that I could utilize in the process of prototyping and designing my magazine.

Comments