Beginning My Magazine Task: Documentation and First Draft

     Following my Endangered Animal Project, my next task was to create a magazine which would highlight important aspects of the species, and persuade the reader to take action in preventing sea otters from going extinct. Utilizing information from previous discussion posts, I was able to incorporate design elements such as proximity, white space, alignment, contrast, and repetition. Being able to incorporate these elements allowed me to test my understanding of these subjects. Additionally, constructing this magazine introduced me to new techniques, methods, and vocabulary within the media world. For instance, I became familiar with the desktop software "Lucidpress". Furthermore, I familiarized myself with the method of prototyping. The blog below will take you through the process of creating my magazine, along with sketches of the page layouts, and a 1 hour and 20-minute walkthrough video. The images below are the cover and spread page of my magazine. However, your first prototype is bound to have flaws. In the next post you will gain an understanding on how critiques will help you better your project.

Lucidpress Magazine










Comments